Dermaplaning immediately rejuvenates the skin by removing the outermose layer of dead skin cells and vellous hair, resulting in a deep exfolication of the skin, leaving the skin smooth, supple and vibrant. It is an effective preparation of the skin prior to peels and enzyme treatments to increase penetration of acitve ingredients in the professional and home care products. It creates the perfect canvas for makeup application and is the go to treatment for high profile occasions.
Dermaplaning is extremely safe when performed by a professionally trained skincare specialist utilising the appropriate tools for the service. It is a treatment for the face only. The treatment can be performed every 4 – 6 weeks.
Commonly asked questions
Will the vellous hair grow back thicker?
No, this is physiologically impossible. The soft, fine vellous hair will grow back slowly, usually in about 4 weeks.
Can dermaplaning cause the skin to bleed?
Yes, excessive scraping, nicks and cuts can cause bleeding. That is why it is important to have professional training and to use the correct tools
Who can be treated?
All skin types can benefit from dermaplaning. Typically clients over 35 years old are the best candidates. Men can be treated on non beard areas.
- Diabetes – not controlled by diet or medication
- Cancer – currently undergoing treatment
- Accutane or isotretinoin use within 12 months
- Blood thinning medication
- Hisrtory of bleeding problems
- High doses or frequency of aspirin
- Acne – grade 3 or above
- Pustular acne that is red and irritated – avoid area
- Cystic acne – avoid area
- Retin-A within 5 days
- Chemical peel or laser treatment within 14 days
- Cold sores
- Moles and skin tags – avoid area
- Sunburn or windburn